Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Yeah Yeah Yeah Mix

This mix was obviously inspired by the Album of the month (posted above) and numerous other 'Yeah' related tunes I was introduced to in the month of April...a lot of which you will find on this mix. For the most part I didnt know what I wanted to include on this mix, which is why its so short...but I was mostly looking for short spastic rock songs and of course anything with the word yeah in it...haha...sounds really scientific I know...

Anyways I hope you enjoy it. Come to my acoustic shows at the Mocha House in Vacaville, CA and get a free copy of these mixes.

  1. The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - The Flaming Lips - This is the B-side long version. Mainly so I could include the maximum amount of Yeah Yeah Yeah's in this mix. Check out the album of the month if you like this tune.
  2. Television - Ok Go - Off their album 'Oh No'. This band rocks in my opinion.
  3. She Loves You - The Beatles - I got this off of their greatest hits album '1'. Not too much to say about the Beatles that you dont already know.
  4. I'm a Wheel - Wilco - Off of their latest studio release 'A Ghost is Born'. This is one of the best bands of the last thirty years, if you havent checked em out, you should.
  5. Yeah! Oh Yeah! - The Magnetic Fields - Off of their album '69 Love Songs'. This song slows things down a bit but keeps the yeah's in the mix.
  6. Let the Cool Goddess Run Away - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Off of their self-titled album.
  7. Fresh Feeling - The Eels - Off of the album 'Souljacker'. Another great band thats still doing magnificent stuff.
  8. Movement - LCD Soundsystem - Off of their self titled album. This band really is what got me into this type of sound recently. They are quite good at what they do.
  9. Mushaboom - Feist - Off their album 'Let it Die'. I first heard Bright Eyes do this song on a live album, and a friend introduced me to Feist's version. I also saw these guys and gals on TV the other night, and they rocked.
  10. Mysteries - The Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Off their album 'Show Your Bones'. This is a really great new band. I was unexpectedly impressed by both of their albums that I have heard.
  11. She Said Yeah - Paul McCartney - Off his album 'Run Devil Run'. It turns out McCartney did do some ok work after the Beatles...and he kept the Yeah's alive for my mix.
  12. Welcome to the Working Week - Elvis Costello - Off his album 'My Aim is True'. The ultimate short spastic rock song from back in the day.
  13. Things is Burnin' - Candid - Off their album 'Crooked Things'. This is one of my favorite bands and one of my biggest influences as a songwriter is the singer in this band. This is from one of their older albums, but it fits this mix nicely. If you want to hear more of these guys get in touch with me.

So thats it for this month...Its my first time making a mix. Also Im sorry I didnt write a lot about each song, but I am feeling lazy and I wouldnt know what to say right now anyways.

Anyways, check out all these bands if you havent already.

No comments: