Friday, June 30, 2006

Album of the Month: June 2006

Wilco - A Ghost is Born

Well it was only a matter of time before I posted about a Wilco album. Hell for those who know me, you are probably shocked I even made it three months.

Yes I am obsessed with Wilco and I think all their albums are worthy of this post. But this album is in my ears moreso then any other album of theirs, or any other album I own. Especially this past month, I have turned to this album for inspiration before heading into the studio myself, and I always turn to this album when I just need music like when I am on a plane. This album is my default album. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, it means whenever I am unsure of what I want to listen to, I just want to listen to music, I put this on. I have dissected this a million times over and it always sounds new to me each time.

I don't think this is Wilco's best work, but it is certainly my favorite. This album marks Wilco's return to their roots. Its much more guitar driven then the previous two efforts 'Summerteeth' and 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot', but the hints of experimentation that they touched on with those albums are still here as well. This album has everything. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry and it will make you go 'what the hell is that about?'. This album has been very important in the shaping of myself as an artist, and of myself as an overall person.

This is by far one of my favorite albums of all time, and if it were possible, this would be the album of the month almost every month, considering the amount I listen to it. But that might get boring for you readers.

No comments: