Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Album of the Month: August 2006



Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

This might come as a surprise again to those who know me well, but I have been listening to this album non-stop for most of this month. No matter how many times I listen to it, there are still times when some of the arrangements kick me in the face with the direction they take. This album has influenced my own approaches towards some of my songs musically, and has really allowed me to come at things from a different angle.

There are times when the lyrics in this album can be kindof juvenile, but there are other times when they can be just as powerful as the music behind them. Its a great listen if you want something to dissect, or if you just want something to give your ears a swift kick in the gut.

I have always known about this album, and it wasnt til recently that I really sat down with it, and I couldnt be happier with what I heard. I highly recommend it if you havent listened to it, it will catch you off guard. And if you have listened to it, I highly recommend listening to it again. Just because.

And if you havent, listen to it with headphones on...you'd be surprised what type of interesting things are there that you would never notice on your boombox CD player.

No comments: