Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Rain Mix

This is a mix I slapped together in the period of time where I had just come back to California from Syracuse, where it was raining the entire time I was there. Then when I returned to the wonderful town of Vacaville, the skies opened up here and it rained for a couple days straight. So I made this Rain Mix.

I can honestly say I havent been putting super amounts of thought into these mixes lately cause I have been so busy, but for the most part you can get a pretty good idea of what I am listening to, since the mixes reflect that these days. Instead of adding a lot of diversity to the mixes I have been sticking to mostly things I have been listening to at the time or the type of mood I am in. Of course that also has to do with the busy-ness and the slacking on my part...cause its just easier that way.

I don't know how long I will continue to do a mix every month, I'm not even sure if anyone actually reads this page.

  1. Venus Stop The Train - Wilco - I got this from the 'Yankee Hotel Foxtrot' Demos.
  2. Train Under Water - Bright Eyes - From their album 'I'm Wide Awake It's Morning'.
  3. Black Rain - Ben Harper - Off of his album 'Both Sides of the Gun'.
  4. A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan - Off of his album 'The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan'.
  5. Rain on Tin - Sonic Youth - Off of their album 'Murray Street'.
  6. Everybody Thinks I'm a Raincloud (When I'm Not Looking) - Guided By Voices - Off of their album 'Half Smiles of the Decomposed'.
  7. Raining in Darling - Bonnie Prince Billy - Off of his album 'I See A Darkness'.
  8. Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall - Simon and Garfunkel - Off of their album 'Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme'.
  9. City Rain, City Streets - Ryan Adams - Off of his album 'Love is Hell'.
  10. And It Stoned Me - Van Morrison - Off of his album 'Moondance'.
  11. Woodgrain - Wilco - Off of the 'More Like the Moon EP'.
  12. Another Song About the Rain - Cracker - Off of their album 'Cracker' or 'Brand'.
  13. I Feel Like Going Home - Yo La Tengo - Off of their album 'I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your A**'. This is from the Album of the Month. Check this track out to get a taste of this album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your mixes.

I love making mixes.
A mix for every mood.

Nick Shattell said...

Thats all the reason I need to keep posting mine...

Feel free to leave some of your mixes posted in these comments...I would love to see what other people are listening to.