Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Album of the Month: May 2006


Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs

Andrew Bird and The Mysterious Production of Eggs has been in my ears the most this month. Its one of those albums that you really have to dissect to appreciate. Its so diverse and so well arranged in my opinion.

I didnt know anything about Andrew Bird when I was told to check out this album. Me being the person I am, always take peoples word on good music, so I bought this. I was blown away.

It is nice to see artists making music like this. Some of the tones he captures and things he does on this album musically are things most artists would never even think of. Thats what I admire most about this album, is Bird's understanding of each song. I dont think there is a sound he didnt consider. He is one of those artists that has successfully created his own style which is something that grows more rare everyday. He is very inventive, and unique and this is all apparent on this album.

I will definitely be checking out more of his stuff.

Also dont forget to check out this month's mix below...

No comments: